Summer Learning Institute
I have a better understanding of Indigenous [cultural] practices and I will be more aware of my actions and how my words about Indigenous topics can inform the opinions and actions of my students.
~ Teacher, West Vancouver Secondary School Pro-D Day, September 2018
Explorations in Environmental and Indigenous Cultural Learning: A Three-Day Educator Retreat
The Summer Learning Institute Educator Retreat is a specially designed overnight program for adult educators interested in deepening their understanding of instructional strategies and approaches in place-based, environmental and indigenous cultural education.
Experienced educators, as well as those who are new to the field are sure to gain through this 3-day experience. This retreat is ideal for teachers, outdoor program leaders, post secondary students and any other educator looking for an immersive professional development opportunity.
- Length: 3 days, 2 nights (optional early arrival available)
- Dates: Monday, July 29, 2019 – Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Cost: Early Bird $525 until June 2, 2019, $625 after June 3, 2019. Includes all lodging, meals and workshop sessions *Prices do not include applicable fees and tax
- Explore and evaluate a variety of outdoor and environmental instructional approaches and how these can be situated in, with and about place.
- Develop and extend your knowledge of indigenous ways of connecting learning to place.
- Grow personal networks of outdoor and place-based learning practitioners.
More questions? Click here to learn more from our FAQs page.
Download the Summer Learning Institute: Overnight Educator Retreat Flyer.
REGISTER NOW for a special promo rate!
"Cheakamus!" is the special promotional password
Meet our programming team!
For more information, please contact:
Sign up for our Newsletter today!