1. Attend a Virtual Intro to ODS Counselling Session
Cheakamus Centre will host a Virtual Introductory Counsellor Presentation for Gr.10-12 students in September 2022 to share an overview of the program and answer any questions.
2. Fill out an online Application Form
We will begin accepting online applications from Gr.10-12 students in early September 2022. Parent/guardian contact information will be collected at the time of applying and they will receive a digital confirmation, once submitted. If space is available, applications may be accepted throughout the school year.
After liaising with School Counsellors, we will invite successful applicants to register for a Counsellor Training Workshop. Trainees will complete 1x full weekend workshop (i.e. Workshop 1 or Workshop 2). The available dates for the 2022-2023 school year are:
- Workshop 1: September 30 - October 2, 2022 (Fri-Sun)
- Workshop 2: November
18-20, 2022 (Fri-Sun)
- Workshop 3: February 3-5, 2023 (Fri-Sun)
3. Attend a Virtual Counsellor Training Orientation Session
Once registration is confirmed, we will contact you to confirm the dates of your Training Workshop and invite you to a Virtual Counsellor Training Orientation Session.
4. Pay the training fee ($125) through School Cash Online
This fee helps to offset the cost it takes to train each counsellor (about $200 per student). If you require financial assistance, please contact your School Counsellor.
5. Submit the required forms to your School Counsellor by their required deadline
6. Attend a Counsellor Training Workshop at Cheakamus Centre
Transportation to and from Cheakamus Centre will be provided.