STEP ONE: Application Process
- Complete the Application Form
- Submit your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an application form with the submission deadline for your school by email.The application form will be sent to the email address that you used to register for your Outdoor School Counsellor Training Workshop.
If you meet the program prerequisites above and did not receive an application form, please contact email@example.com
Due to the high demand for this program, students will be selected through a lottery. Students not selected in the initial round will be put on a waitlist and notified by email if space becomes available.
STEP TWO: If you are selected
- Submit Informed Consent Form and Medical Form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 week prior to your school’s service learning date.
- Submit School Permission Form to your school counsellor no later than 1 week prior to your service learning date
- Participate in an Online Orientation Session prior to your service learning date.
The orientation session will cover important health and safety measures, and provide an overview of your service learning activity, and how best to be prepared. The orientation session is hosted on MS Teams outside regular school hours and takes 30 minutes to complete. You will receive email notification with the day and time of your orientation session.
ON THE DAY:
- Be at your school at 7:45am, ready for an 8:00am bus departure. Facemasks are mandatory while aboard the bus.
- Pack a lunch, snacks and water bottle. Meals and snacks are not provided
- Dress for being outdoors for the entire day. Wear older clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Plan for arrival back at your school around 4:30 pm.