- Do you have Wi-Fi onsite?
- Cheakamus Centre is the natural place to "disconnect to connect". We encourage groups to take advantage of our natural surrounding to unplug and reboot with friends, associates and new acquaintances. Please note that Wifi is limited. Should you need to stay in touch with the outside world during your stay, rest assured Cheakamus Centre receives reliable cellular service. You are also welcome to bring your own cellular wireless hub. Our events team is happy to work with you to determine your business and technical needs while at Cheakamus Centre.
- Do you allow self-catering?
- Cheakamus Centre does not have facilities available for groups to do their own catering.
- Do you allow camping onsite?
- Cheakamus Centre does not have facilities to provide group camping onsite. Limited tenting space may be available as an overflow option for groups renting overnight accommodation and utilizing our meeting and catering facilities.
- Can we bring our pets?
- Pets are not allowed on the property. Exceptions apply to service dogs working for individuals with disabilities.
- Are there designated smoking areas?
Cheakamus Centre is a no-smoking facility; a tobacco-free policy, including vapour products and cannabis, is part of our commitment to creating a healthy and sustainable environment for all members of our campus.
- Can we bring candles on site?
- We do not permit open flames in any of our buildings; this includes lanterns, tea lights, candles and incense.
- What activities are available for us?
- Facility rental groups have access to our vast network of walking & hiking nature trails. Each facility rental venue is equipped with its own campfire pit or shelter. Additional facility use such as our sports-field, basketball court, volleyball court, canoe pond and meeting spaces will be contingent upon the other groups booked on site during your event days. We are pleased to offer affordable Cheakamus Centre led recreation activities.
- Do I need an appointment to visit Cheakamus Centre?
- In respect of other groups that have booked their function with us, please make an appointment with your booking manager if you wish to visit the Cheakamus Centre at any time leading up to or following your event.
- Do you have a liquor license?
- Yes, as a full service catering business we provide all food and beverage onsite.
- Can you cater to special dietary needs?
- Absolutely, Chef Wade and his culinary team are experienced in developing creative menus incorporating a variety of meals customized to your group. Our goal is to ensure that all guests enjoy a delicious, flavourful and nutritious meal, regardless of their dietary restrictions. Cheakamus Centre is a nut-free facility, which includes all meals that Cheakamus Centre serves.
- Do you offer accommodations onsite?
Cheakamus Centre features rustic shared cabin accommodations with up to 139 bunk style beds. These cozy cabins are centrally located for easy access to both the North & South property amenities and typically sleep up to 16 guests each.
- Do you have private accommodations onsite?
- Cheakamus Centre does not have private accommodations onsite. Should you prefer hotel accommodation options, we are pleased to work with our hotel partners in Squamish on your behalf. Hotels are approximately a 10 minute drive from Cheakamus Centre.
- Can we choose our own catering company?
- Cheakamus Centre provides all catering services on site. Our exceptional culinary team is committed to serving nutritious, delicious and flavourful meals prepared from scratch using the freshest local ingredients. Our talented chef prepares selections to suit every budget and event. An exception is provided for special occasion cakes.