Cheakamus Centre has been a much sought after filming and photography location for over 40 years. We continue to uphold our "film-friendly" reputation as an easy and straight forward location for the film and TV industry. Located on 165 ha of diverse natural landscapes, this ecological reserve offers forested trails, river frontage, spawning channels and creeks, making it a popular and recurring shooting location.
Our history as a western style resort coupled with our newly built LEED® Platinum BlueShore Environmental Learning Centre (ELC) means we can offer a wide variety of unique buildings. Our rustic cabins, log houses, animal farm and dance hall lend themselves to a diversified audience, while our state of the art Environmental Learning Centre (ELC) is an open palette for creating a wide variety of filming scenes. For an authentic First Nations filming location, our Coast Salish longhouse is unique to the area.
Cheakamus Centre can accommodate most sets and crew sizes. Our experienced staff will work in close collaboration with location scouts and production crews to ensure filming time is optimized. Spacious and secure parking for crews, equipment trucks and production vehicles is also available for filming taking place in other areas in the Sea to Sky corridor.
Filming locations include, but are not limited to:
- LEED® Platinum Environmental Learning Centre (ELC)
- Rustic cabins and log houses
- Small animal farm, includes farm, aviary cages and gardens
- Dykes and Cheakamus River access
- Paved and gravel parking lots and roadways
- Nature landscapes, wooden areas and trails
- Spawning channels and meandering creeks
- Coast Salish longhouse
- 1950's themed meeting spaces: Fireside Room and Melody Hall
Click here to learn about how to make your filming more sustainable!